Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Because it's time for 4 Foods on Friday

Here are this week’s four questions.

#1. Do you ever use scissors to cut any foods? Which? Raw or cooked?
the only thing I can ever remember using sciscors for was to cut gum drops for my gradmothers special gumdrop cookies. I'd share the recipe, but she'd turn in her grave if I gave away her secret.

#2. Popcorn. Homemade, microwave, bagged, hot, cold. How do you like it?
Homemade airpopped with I Can't Believe it's Not Butter Spray and a little bit of salt! Yum!

#3. Sushi. Love it or hate it?
Despite not eating anything that Moos, Baahs, Oinks, Clucks, etc, I will dive into some delicious sushi! My favorite: Ahi Tuna sashimi, Rainbow Roll, and Sweet Potato tempura (so worry the artery clogging).

#4. Share a dessert recipe.
I came up with this recipe when I suddenly found myself with an apartment full of friends craving something light, sweet, and guilt free! (This is New York afterall, haha.)

Strawberry Cream Delight

1- package of strawberries
1 -bag of Heaven Scent All natural Vanilla Wafers
1- box (4 serving size) of sugar free/fat free Vanilla Jello Pudding Mix
3- cups of Stoney field All Natural Fat free Vanilla Yogurt

-Arrange wafers around bottom rim of bowl (stacked liked toppling dominos)
-Take about 10 of the wafers and break them up into pieces (not crumbs) and place in the center of wafer ring.
-Mix the pudding into the 3 cups of yogurt- stir well, and let sit for 5 minutes
-Chop 1/3 of the strawberries; slice the tops off the remaining 2/3 (set aside)
-Pour 1/3 of the pudding over the wafers, then sprinkle the chopped strawberries over the pudding
-Cover with the rest of the pudding.
-Place strawberries in decorative fashion on the top pudding layer
-Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (it helps soften the wafers).




Once again, go here to join Valmg's meme.

6 comments:

Sarafina said...

First, that dessert sounds quite tasty! Second, this line cracked me up: "Despite not eating anything that Moos, Baahs, Oinks, Clucks, etc". I really needed a good chuckle this morning. :)

Karen said...

If you aren't going to share the cookie recipe, you have to send me a dozen. Let me know where to email my address. LOL

corrin said...

Yeah...another sushi lover!

valmg said...

Thanks for playing. Stumbled.

Blair said...

The dessert does sound tasty.

Ami-chan said...

Yay, someone else who likes sushi. Rainbow rolls are one of my favorites too ;) and anything with eel in.

I wonder if that dessert would work with something that's not strawberries? like mandarin oranges or something? Do you know of any substitutions that work?