Friday, August 29, 2008

to sleep per chance to dream

it's 4:49 in the AM, I'm not at work, and I'm WIDE awake. I went out with G, we came back home, he left, I went to bed, and I tossed and turned and tossed and turned and tossed and turned. This saga began at 12:50. In the last 4 hours I've...
*watched 2 episodes of without a trace,
*self medicated with benadryl
*read the last 2 issues of Bon Appetit Magazine,
*worked out my budget for the upcoming months without a calculator,
*drank 3 bottles of water,
*ate 5 almonds,
*got up to pee 3 times (maybe I shouldn't have had the water?),
*turned my AC down to 67,
*counted backwards from 100 (5) times,
*organized my bookshelf,
and,
*text messaged my friends that i was annoyed to be wide awake (payback for all their phone calls when I'm trying to sleep during the day).

Ugh. If I don't fall asleep in the next 11 minutes, I say screw it. I'm getting up, getting dressed, and going to the gym.

So just in case you see me out, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just exhausted.

No comments: