Thursday, February 19, 2009


I must admit, I enjoyed a glorious four days/nights off. I did laundry, polished china, cleaned out my closet, filed for financial aid for grad school, caught up on t.v. (oh how I <3 DVR!), and slept. However, yesterday was a blah weather day. Gray skies, cold and windy, with bouts of sleetish (sleetesque?) precipitation and I had a headache. I took a power nap before leaving for work, but my head was still a pounding.

I'm not one to take much medicine, so my "medicine" cabinet is mostly hairproducts, toothpaste, and only two bottles of pills-Tylenol and Tylenol PM. After my powernap, I rushed into the bathroom to grab something to kick my headache before what was sure to be a busy night at work.

I popped open the bottle, grabbed two pills and swallowed them with my water. As I was putting the bottle back in the cabinet I froze... "Tylenol PM". Uh, oh.
Not really sure what to do (I've never been very good at making myself throw up), I sighed, walked out of my apartment, and walked into the first coffee shop I passed on my way to work

6:45 pm......triple shot of espresso
I'm going to tell you all something now, a valuable lesson if you will, espresso does not negate the effects of Tylenol PM.

8:30pm.....cup of coffee from the overpriced starbucks in the hospital lobby

9:30pm.....2 cups of green tea

10:30pm....bottle of diet pepsi (uck, I haven't drank soda in over 2 years!) red bull (man, that stuff is gross) this point in the night, my bladder is ready to explode, my heart is racing, and my eyes are so heavy that I need life preservers to keep them open!

With each hour that passed at work, my eyes got heavier and heavier. Thank God my patient was sick and VERY busy becuse if I had one moment to sit down, I would have been out cold.

1 comment:

Anjali said...

Oh, I'm sorry for the mistake, but that was too funny. I'm one of those people who can take a Tylenol PM and still operate heavy machinery. (I blame my insomnia.) Glad things still went well for the shift!