Thursday, March 05, 2009

I Dream Of....

School?

I had the strangest dream last night. I found myself running across the junior high school parking lot frantic that I'd be late for the first day of my senior year,, only to reach the sidewalk as the homeroom bell rang. I walked into the school, up to the office window and said, "I'm sorry I'm late, I was picking up my parents at the airport. Can they send in a note later?" I think the office clerk mumbled something about needing it now. Next thing I know I'm wandering the hall of the junior high looking for room 3005. When I finally find it, its filled with kids from my graduating class, and they are starring at me. Matt came up to me and said, "Yeah, you freaked us out in high school and that's why we wanted to ruin your prom." Before I could open my mouth, our elementary school librarian was handing out locks and schedules telling us that our lockers would be located here in the Junior high, but that all of our classes would be at the actual high school. Right because that makes so much sense..... Before I could retort such an insane proposal, I found myself amidst w whirlwind of people in a multilevel maze trying to navigate my way to my classes. I walked into the library and cut through to the gym only to find that I had no gym clothes. Then I was sitting in math class realizing that I hadn't been to a math class in over a semester and I freaked out. I asked to be transferred to another class, but my teacher only spanked my hand with a ruler and said get out and go back to community college. Then I was sitting in the principals office and he told me that he was disappointed in my choice to be fifth in my graduating class, he said I'd never go anywhere in life...

And then I woke up.

I think the anxiety of waiting for schools is killing me.

No comments: