Thursday, January 01, 2009

2k9 MEME

I got this MEME from O, who got it from All & Sundry. It's my last day off for the next five, so I figured what the hell-let's waste some time on the computer.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
took the GRE's

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Is it a bad sign that I can't remember if I made one last year?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
two of the nurses that I work with, two of the girls I went to highschool with, and Anjali

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes, one of my coworkers. RIP Tara. Miss you.

5. What countries did you visit?
St. Martin, St. Barts

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Sleep and a social life; weird combination I know.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
December 19th- best Christmas party ever!
December 1st- I dischared the first pediatric trauma that I ever admitted
June 14th- I fractured my pelvis

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying healthy

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not staying in touch with my friends becuase of my crazy schedule

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Fractured Pelvis

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My blackberry

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Amy: new job as a VP= all grown up

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The parents of my patient who pressed their child's face against the radiator. It made my blood boil.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, rent, rent. Did I say rent?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of getting a permenant day position (too bad it was only a prospect).

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I don't know.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? neither, I'm content
b) thinner or fatter? fatter and it's really stressing me out
c) richer or poorer?Richer. That's what happens when all you do is work and have no time to play!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Stayed in touch with my friends, gone to church, slept (in no particular order)

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing over the future

20. How did you spend Christmas?
At work. Hospitals never close.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Someone won my heart over, but then broke it.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
The Biggest Looser (a guilty pleasure, I know).

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24. What was the best book you read?
Quantum Wellness

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Our tiny little bathroom has great acoustics for shower singining

26. What did you want and get?
a complement

27. What did you want and not get?
a permenant day position

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Rachel at the Wedding

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I worked, but at least Dr. MAtt was there *cue the dreamy music*! I turned 24.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Working days so I could see more of my friends and family, sleep more, and make dating easier

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Hospital issued 50/50 Cotton, Poly scrubs; gym clothes; a conglommerate of J.Crew, Gap, and Bloomingdales

32. What kept you sane?
Escapes to the suburbs to see the L's or my family, late night talks with Natasha or AMy, and Wednesday Night Dinner Club

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I can't decide if the numerous adoptions and procreations of Jolie-Pitts is admirable or insane

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The shit show otherwise known as our health care system

35. Who did you miss?
My family, my sorority sisters, Sarah, Memegrl and family, Shestartedit and family

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Cheryl. I'd be lost without her friendship

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Life is best lived with a little spontaneity.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Don't get all worried but if you remember this post, I'd say these lyrics just about sum it up:

What's wrong with me?
Why do I feel like this?
I'm going crazy now

No more gas, in the red, can't even get it started
Nothing heard, nothing said, can't even speak about it
On my life, on my head, don't wanna think about it
Feels like I'm going insane, yeah
-Rihanna, Disturbia

No comments: