Sunday, September 09, 2007

Random Info About Me

For all three of you who read this blog, here are some randoms things that you may (or may not) know about me:

→ If I could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be and how long would it take to spend the $10,000?
Williams Sonoma. I could spend hours and hours there. I love odd little gadgets, unique tableware, etc. However, seeing as I have all of 16 inches of counter space (and no place to store these glorious gadgets, I’d have to say Bloomingdales….I could outfit myself and my domicile.
→ If money were not an object, what would I do with my life?
Ski in the winter, go to the beach in the summer, and lead a large non-profit philanthropy.
→ What song best describes me when I first wake up in the morning?
“Old Time Rock and Roll”
→ What place in the US would I most like to visit? Why?
Napa Valley, CA. The air is clean, you have a “change” of seasons (or at east something resembling fall, spring, and summer), you can ski and go to the beach, and the wine flows like water
→ What place outside of the US would I most like to visit? Why?
Greece. Beautifal scenery, amazing history, untainted land, finally getting to see all “the stuff” they made us study in school practically EVERY year since 4th grade!
→ Coke or Pepsi?
Neiither, I gave up soda. But back in my Hey Day, I was all about the Diet Pepsi
→ Is your calendar always on the correct month (or day, if it is a day calendar)?
Yup, all pages are folded down so I will open to the current date
→Desk: messy or organized?
ORGANIZED
→ Pet ownership – which is better? Dog or Cat?
Depends on what you are looking for. A Dog if you want to feel needed/are willing to be responsible for another living being. A Cat if you want to have the piece of mind that you aren’t technically along, but have no desire to expend much more ener=gy that what it takes to crack open a can of food and scoop the litter box one time a week.
→Are you always early or terminally late?
EARLY, it’s something that I got from both my Mom and Dad
→What is your favorite book you read as a child?
To have read to me: Old Man and the Afternoon Cat;
To read alone: Any of the Bernstein Bear book
→ Secret talent?
I can wiggle my ears
→ Favorite joke relating to my profession:
Three nurses went to heaven, and were awaiting their turn with St. Peter to plead their case to enter the pearly gates.
The first nurse said, "I worked in an emergency room. We tried our best to help patients, even though occasionally we did lose one. I think I deserve to go to heaven." St. Peter looks at her file and admits her to heaven.
The second nurse says, "I worked in an operating room. It's a very high stress environment and we do our best. Sometimes the patients are too sick and we lose them, but overall we try very hard." St. Peter looks at her file and admits her to heaven.
The third nurse says, "I was a case manager for an HMO."
St. Peter looks at her file. He pulls out a calculator and starts punching away at it furiously, constantly going back to the nurse's file. After a few minutes St. Peter looks up, smiles, and says, "Congratulations! You've been admitted to heaven ... for five days!"

No comments: