Monday, May 21, 2007

stuff you don't need to know, but soon will learn...

While reading a fellow bloggers posting, I was "tagged" to continue this "chain action", of sorts. So here it goes, all I have to do is tell 8 habits/things about myself...

8. While in high school, my dad and I won a tequila shot contest in Aruba. Oh yes, my mother has never been so proud. That night she got to tuck in both her drunk daughter and her laugh vigorously at the photos of her husband doing the "dollar dance" post victory

7. My sister and I couldn't be more opposite.
She's leggy, busty, a soccer star, extremely outgoing, a socialite, comes up with the best one line zingers of anyone that I know, and is a Hollister/ Abercrombie and Fitch kind of girl.
I am petite, MUCH less endowed, a gym rat, enjoy more intimate settings, a thinker, am great at sentimental BS, and am a J.Crew/Banana Republic kind of girl.

6. I am the worlds worst typer (literally, if it weren't for spell check, I'm not sure that you could tell if I were communicating in English). It's not that I'm intellectually lacking, my mind just goes faster than my fingers....

5. A dirty kitchen is my pet peeve. I can't go to bed at night with dirty dishes in the sink, nor can I relax after a holiday meal if the kitchen is a mess......now my bedroom floor, well that's a whole other story!

4. I love the "treasures" inside foods. The extra raisins in oatmeal raisin cookies, the chunks of cookie in cookie dough ice cream, the strawberry chunks in the jelly, the apples in apple pie. It's weird, I know, but who needs the outside when all the good stuff is in the middle??

3. I did a faceplant at a bar before our sorority semi formal. Oh yes, they still talk about it, EVERY TIME we go there. Highlight of that night, the "are you okay *extra* attention I got from my date

2. My best friend and I have NEVER gone to school together. We are used to existing in 2 separate worlds, but when we do reunite, we pick up right where we left off. It's amazing, its never awkward and its what has taught me what friends are all about.

1. If you listen to me speak, you would never guess where I'm from. Someone actually asked me if I went to "finishing school" to perfect my English (jeez, only at a place like Penn would you get that question). Note* All this goes to the wind, the minute you hear either one of my parents open their mouth....they “pahk thayre cahs in the haavahad yahd”). God, I hope you got that hint.

Okay, so if nothing else, you were able to kill a few minutes of your time (procrastinating some task, I'm sure) and learn a little bit more about me.

No comments: